Given below are some key news updates from the past week pertaining to international trade and customs both from India and around the world.
World Trade Organization (WTO)
United States, Europe & Asia
- Ministry of Commerce & Industry notifies Final findings in Anti-Dumping investigation concerning imports of Melamine from European Union, Japan, Qatar and United Arab Emirates
- Ministry of Commerce & Industry notifies Final findings in Anti-dumping investigation (Material-Retardation) concerning imports of N, N’- Dicyclohexyl Carbodiimide (DCC) originating in or exported from China PR
- Ministry of Commerce & Industry notifies Amendment in Export Policy of Remdesivir Injection and API, Amphotericin-B Injections, Enoxaparin (Formulation and API) and Intra-Venous Immunoglobulin (IVIG) (Formulation and API) from restricted to free category
- Ministry of Commerce & Industry notifies Amendment in import policy of items under ITC(HS) 8524 and 8525 of Chapter 85 of ITC(HS) 2022, Schedule – I (Import Policy) from restricted to free category
- Ministry of Commerce & Industry notifies Final Findings in anti-dumping investigation concerning imports of Polyurethane Leather which includes any kind of textile coated one sided or both sided with Polyurethane originating in or exported from China PR
- Ministry of Finance notifies continuation of anti-dumping duty on imports of ‘Glazed/Unglazed Porcelain/Vitrified tiles in polished or unpolished finish with less than 3% water absorption’ originating in, or exported from, the People’s Republic of China
- Ministry of Finance notifies extension of anti-dumping duty on imports of “Jute products” namely, Jute Yarn/Twine (multiple folded/cabled and single), Hessian fabric, and Jute sacking bags originating in or exported from Bangladesh and Nepal
- Ministry of Finance notifies Shipping Bill (Post export conversion in relation to instrument based scheme) Regulations, 2022.
- DGTR notifies Central Government’s decision to not accept the DGTR’s recommendation to impose definitive anti-dumping duty on imports of Caustic Soda originating in or exported from Japan, Iran, Qatar and Oman PR
- In trade pact with UK, India to seek duty cuts on textiles
We trust you will find this an interesting read. For any queries or comments on this update, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
Disclaimer: The information provided in this update does not constitute legal opinion or advice. Readers are requested to seek formal legal advice prior to acting upon any of the information provided herein. This presentation is not intended to address the circumstances of any particular individual or corporate body. There can be no assurance that the judicial/ quasi-judicial authorities may not take a position contrary to the views mentioned herein.