ELP offers a diverse range of services in the real estate arena including residential, commercial, industrial, hotels, tourism, SEZs space etc. We have conducted due diligences, advised upon, structured and negotiated on land acquisitions, joint development arrangements, leasing and financing for various types of properties including in the case of redevelopments, slum rehabilitation projects, affordable housing projects, government leases, mega food parks, logistic parks, solar projects, integrated townships etc. across states in India.
Additionally, ELP has also advised on an entire spectrum of issues affecting foreign and domestic investment into the real estate space in the country.
The team also advises various developers, investors and financing institutions in relation to compliances under RERA, across different states in India. This includes handholding our clients and working very closely with them for registration of various projects, including discussions with the technical and accounting teams of the developers, wherever required. ELP’s team has a good understanding and grip on the local real estate laws affecting projects and real estate transactions across states in the country and our endeavour is to bridge the gap between addressing legal requirements regulating investments in this sector and tying them to commercially viable solutions.
- Comprehensive title searches and due diligences across most states in India
- Advice on the statutory permissions and/or approvals to be procured, zoning requirements, including the timelines involved
- Structuring and drafting conveyance documents in case of aggregation and other wise
- Advice on the Stamp duty, registration fees and other acquisition costs
Project Development and Construction Contracts
- Structuring and advising on the development contracts in relation to different projects including joint development arrangements, redevelopments, slum rehabilitations schemes etc.
- Structuring and advising on development of industrial parks, logistic parks, SEZs etc.
- Advising on documentation and agreements with contractors, architects, engineers etc.
- Drafting of the documents in relation to sale/allotment of the units/areas under a project including agreement to sell, conveyance documents, lease documents, possession letters etc.
RERA Compliance Advisory
- Advising developers on the compliances under RERA and handholding for the registration of projects with RERA authorities in different states in India
- Advising developers and promoters on compliance under RERA in relation to specific instances under various projects
- Advising banks, financial institutions and developers on the compliances under RERA in various states including the waterfall mechanisms in different projects to ensure that the projects are in compliance with the provisions of RERA
- Conducting title searches with the offices of Sub-Registrar of Assurances, Revenue Authorities etc. and providing title due diligence reports and title certificates in relation to properties situated in different states in India for the purposes of acquisitions, mortgages etc.
- Conducting due diligences of the property-owning entities where the structure requires acquisition of or investments in the entities owning subject properties
SPV Acquisitions and Investments
- ELP advises on various transactions which are structured for acquisition of the property owning entities and drafts and advises on the entire documentation starting from the Memoranda of Understanding/Term Sheets and the Share transfer/investment documentation etc.
New Formats and Concepts in Real Estate Opportunities
- Advice on new formats and structures for addressing specific opportunities in infrastructure, spiritual tourism, health & wellness centres, national footprints for star rated hotels including single brand concessionaire of international brands in the real estate space
- Comprehensive title searches and verification of the title
- Drafting lease documents and leave and license documents
- Advice on stamp duty and registration
Venture Capital Issues
- Specific advice on VC fund structuring, formation, deployment and exit
Corporate Commercial Requirements
- Fund structuring, Fund formation, deployment and exit
- Applications and procurement of necessary approvals/permissions from concerned Regulatory Authorities
- Advice on tax efficient structuring of investment
Operation of Venture/Project
- Advice on availing tax exemption benefits and deductions for specific real estate activities
- Tax planning for minimisation of impact of Corporate Tax, Dividend Distribution Tax, Minimum Alternate Tax
- Tax planning for minimisation of applicable taxes on exit from the project in the exit mode identified for the Investor
- Review of arrangements and/or agreements proposed and/or entered into for each project from an Indirect Tax perspective, particularly, determination of tax exposures and identification of areas of potential savings within the legal framework
- Advice on alternatives to optimise Indirect Tax implications
Can legal heirs be a witness to the will?
25 Aug 2023 | Read More
Supertech case: Buyers ask if builder’s arrest can help them get their ...
3 Jul 2023 | Read More
Earn A Side Income From Your Land With Minimal Construction Effort
20 Mar 2023 | Read More
Real Estate Frauds, Delay In Flat Possession; Check These 5 Legal Things ...
21 Feb 2023 | Read More
Indian real estate: Performance through FY23 and outlook for the future
29 Dec 2022 | Read More
Govt to refund GST if purchase of incomplete house called off
20 Dec 2022 | Read More
Maha RERA : Empowering Home Buyers
13 Oct 2022 | Read More
What to do if you have lost property papers
23 Sep 2022 | Read More
A handy legal guide to a successful real estate transaction
5 Sep 2022 | Read More
Where Is Your Maintenance Fee Getting Used?
2 Sep 2022 | Read More
India's most delayed residential projects
22 Aug 2022 | Read More
Sale of Developed Plot- Developers on the Fence
17 Aug 2022 | Read More
MC Explains: Why was it necessary to issue cancellation notices to around ...
23 Jun 2022 | Read More
Here is what you should know about oral promises made by real ...
7 Jun 2022 | Read More
ELP Knowledge Series India Update Part 2 0f 2022
3 Jun 2022 | Read More
Own a property in a cooperative housing society? Here is why nomination ...
12 May 2022 | Read More
“Property papers lost, damaged, destroyed? Get a Certified or True Copy”
4 May 2022 | Read More
Purchasing a residential property? Be aware of these things
29 Apr 2022 | Read More
Quarterly construction-quality audits must precede occupation certificate
24 Feb 2022 | Read More
Union Budget - An Analysis by Economic Laws Practice
1 Feb 2022 | Read More
Odyssey Of Purchase Of Agricultural Lands In Maharashtra
21 Sep 2021 | Read More
ELP Knowledge Series – Part 2 of 2021
15 Sep 2021 | Read More
ELP - Knowledge Series – Part 1 of 2021
27 Apr 2021 | Read More
Union Budget 2021: An Analysis
2 Feb 2021 | Read More
Union Budget 2020: An Analysis
2 Feb 2020 | Read More
ELP - Knowledge Series - India Update - Part 4 of 2019
22 Jan 2020 | Read More
ELP - Knowledge Series - India Update - Part 3 of 2019
3 Sep 2019 | Read More
ELP Knowledge Series - India Update Part 2 of 2019
7 May 2019 | Read More
ELP Knowledge Series - India Update Part 1 of 2019
19 Feb 2019 | Read More
Real Estate Intermediaries: A Missed Opportunity in the Recent ECB Framework?
12 Feb 2019 | Read More
Budget 2019: Judicial Reform Is What This Economy Needs Now
2 Feb 2019 | Read More
Interim Union Budget 2019 - An Analysis
1 Feb 2019 | Read More
ELP Knowledge Series - India Update Part 2 of 2018
10 Sep 2018 | Read More
Security of Home Buyers and other Allottees under IBC
10 Aug 2018 | Read More
Agricultural land mortgage problems in India
16 Sep 2016 | Read More
Putting the real back in realty
14 Feb 2018 | Read More
ELP Knowledge Series - India Update Part 1 of 2018
14 Jun 2018 | Read More