ELP offers regulatory advice and policy support across practices and industry sectors, including contentious litigation support, representing clients before sector regulators, quasi-judicial authorities, commissions and tribunals. Additionally, we provide advocacy support to companies and industry associations.
Some of our work includes:
Assisted the Government of India
- As a member of Expert Committee formed by Ministry of Finance for Rationalization of Tax Structure for Gems and Jewellery Industry in India.
- Towards strategizing on Market Access and Domestic Regulation issues in the context of Goods and Services negotiations at the WTO.
- For identifying non- tariff barriers impacting trade in the context of Free Trade Agreements.
- Advised the Ministry of Commerce, Government of India on non-tariff barriers to trade in the context of bilateral engagements, including Indo-EU, Indo-Japan, Indo-Korea, Indo-EFTA and India-BIMSTEC FTAs respectively.
- Advised the Government on policies concerning Renewable Energy and Information Technology to be WTO compliant.
Representation / Policy Initiatives on behalf of the clients, are made to
- Ministry of Finance, Government of India
- Ministry of Commerce & Industry, Government of India
- Ministry of the New and Renewable Energy, Government of India
- Central Board of Indirect Taxes & Customs
- Central Board of Direct Taxes
ELP Knowledge Series - India Update Part 2 of 2019
Regulatory Update – Draft National e-commerce policy
ELP Knowledge Series - India Update Part 1 of 2019
Budget 2019: Judicial Reform Is What This Economy Needs Now
Interim Union Budget 2019 - An Analysis
ELP Knowledge Series - India Update Part 2 of 2018
ELP Update - Amendments to the Prevention of Corruption Act
ELP Knowledge Series - India Update Part 1 of 2018