Assisted the Government of India
- As a member of the Expert Committee formed by Ministry of Finance for Rationalization of Tax Structure for Gems and Jewellery Industry in India.
- Towards strategizing on Market Access and Domestic Regulation issues in the context of Goods and Services negotiations at the WTO.
- For identifying non- tariff barriers impacting trade in the context of Free Trade Agreements.
- Advised the Ministry of Commerce, Government of India on non-tariff barriers to trade in the context of bilateral engagements, including Indo-EU, Indo-Japan, Indo-Korea, Indo-EFTA and India-BIMSTEC FTAs respectively.
- Advised the Government on policies concerning Renewable Energy and Information Technology to be WTO compliant
Representation / Policy Initiatives on behalf of the clients, are made to
- Ministry of Finance, Government of India
- Ministry of Commerce & Industry, Government of India
- Ministry of the New and Renewable Energy, Government of India
- Central Board of Indirect Taxes & Customs
- Central Board of Direct Taxes
Recent examples of policy Initiatives undertaken by ELP
- Gems and Jewellery Export Promotion Council
- Platinum Guild Association
- Indian National Shipowners’ Association
- Container Shipping Lines Association
- A leading non-life insurance company
- Confederation of Indian Alcoholic Beverage Companies
- Set of contractors engaged in housing construction under the JNNURM & RAY schemes