4:30 PM IST
For more information, please contact the events team.
Pharmaceutical sector in India, similar to several other jurisdictions, evokes competing interests i.e. the profit-maximizing interests of the industry and socially and politically sensitive issues of pricing of and access to drugs. Naturally, the industry is heavily regulated in all aspects of trade (including manufacturing, marketing and sale) and often invites intense scrutiny from antitrust regulators across most major jurisdictions. India’s antitrust regulator, Competition Commission of India (CCI), has initiated several investigations in the pharmaceutical space over the years and has even imposed penalties on erring companies.
ELP and Vinson & Elkins are organizing a webinar on the topic of ‘Emerging antitrust issues: Implications on the pharmaceutical industry in India’. The key areas which the webinar will touch upon include:
– Nature of pharmaceutical industry in India and the interface between sectoral regulation and industry regulators.
– How has the CCI looked at the pharmaceutical industry till date? What are the key learnings for the industry from the CCI’s enforcement action?
– What have been the latest enforcement trends in the US? What potential impact are these trends likely to have in India?
– Recent developments in the US antitrust space on issues such as sham litigation, product hopping to delay entry of generics, recent lawsuit filed against 20 generic manufacturers (including Indian companies) and the potential implications of these international investigations in India.
The webinar features a 30-minute presentation on pertinent aspects followed by a 30-minute panel discussion which is open for Q&A.
The joining instructions for the webinar are enclosed below:
– Click on the link above.
– Enter your name and email address in the browser.
(if required, please use the following information:
Event number: 574 421 122
Event password: Elp123)
– If you are travelling and wish to receive an audio call please follow step 1 and 2 and use the call me feature to stay connected to the webinar through an audio call.
To understand the registration process, you may also click here for a brief presentation.
Ashutosh Gupta is a Partner at ELP and part of firm’s Business Planning & Strategy Team. He has done his LLB from Faculty of Law, Delhi University and LLM from Graduate Law School, Columbia University. In addition, he is an alumni of Saìd Business School, University of Oxford where he completed his MBA in Business Strategy.
Ravisekhar Nair is a Partner at ELP and co-heads the Competition Law & Policy practice of the firm. With over 12 years of experience, Ravi is currently involved in some of the most contentious cases pending before the Competition Commission of India (CCI). He earned his LL.M. from the University of Queensland, Australia.
Darren Tucker is the co-head of the firm’s antitrust practice group, where he focuses on merger and non-merger antitrust investigations in the technology, energy and pharmaceutical sectors.
We are delighted to invite you to attend an upcoming...
FTI Consulting, the MCIA and ELP are hosting a panel...
Join us for a panel discussion on the current landscape...
The CBDT had amended Form 3CD i.e. the Tax Audit Report...